We offer training on medication management using the Medico system. This is an informative session for nurse managers, nurses, caregivers and pharmacists alike. It is also seen as a useful pre-audit tool.
We have four experienced staff that cover the below areas:
SHAREN MCFLINNPh (027) 808 1753
North of Rotorua
MINA AL-ANSARIPh (021) 304 992
ANGELA RANSLEYPh (021) 988 870
Rotorua to Wellington
GAIL DURRYPh (021) 327 404
- Description of the MEDICO pack, front and back.
- How to use the MEDICO pack correctly.
- How to use the storage folders and trolley.
- Using the Doctors Prescribed Medication Order Sheet.
- Photo identification and special instructions.
- Removing the blister and administering contents to the resident.
- Non packaged, PRN and short course medication.
- Controlled Drugs.
- What to do if a medication is not given, returned, vomited, destroyed etc.
- Signing and understanding the signing sheets (Medication Administration Record).
- Medication incidents and risk management.
- Changes in medication.
- Faxing changes to the pharmacy.
- Certificates of attendance are available if requested upon completion.
Click here to email your Area Medico Specialist to arrange a training appointment